Tuesday, August 11, 2009

walking on water!

oh yah. So far so good. Keeping up with this. :)
 
Nothing exciting really is happening in life right now. 

But I am proud of myself for being productive yesterday...sort of. I woke up and went to the library for the second time. [two points for me.] 

Went to check all the things I would need for my classes. [two points]. 

Learned that you could pretty much use the computers w/o having to log on, etc. [one point]. 

Also learned how the whole printing/copying process goes....[one point].


Printed all the things I needed to print for the time being.....[two points]  

Went online and found out that one of the required books for one of my courses was available at the library. [two points for me.]  


Went upstairs (without guidance! :)) and found the book alll bbbyyy mmyselllfff. [okay now, I am going to give myself 2.5points for that] 


 Went to a table and opened to book so I could start reading. [two points] ............but do tell me why after one hour of sitting there, I didn't make it pass page 3?............ nuff said. ummm, next story?.  


Oh okay, this one is a good one. :)


After the "whole library thing," on my way out of the door. I met an old colporteuring friend. ha ha. The memories. Anyways, simply reminisced a bit about our colporteuring days and started going through the list of those who were there with us that summer. To sum it up, either married, engaged, working in the ministry, going to school, or traveling.....yup that's about it. The highlight of yesterday, however, was a quite interesting discussion with a family friend, who is a pastor, and is currently working on his PhD. I never knew how fascinating a theology dissertation could be. I wish I had the time to expound on that. But after about 45 minutes (or more) of discussion (and him telling me some of the arguments out there), I've come to the conclusion that, truly, if you are not grounded in the faith, do not pursue a PhD in Theology. You may not make it through...and he totally agreed. The arguments are "interesting" as always, but can lead to serious doubts. I know from a similar experience (yay to liberal arts education....) . Once you get to the PhD stage, the goal is to break-ground and bring something "new" to the discussion table. Whatever that means for that person, he/she will do whatever it takes to do that. One thing to always remember is that 'doubting' God and His works is the first mental step to destruction. Isn't that what Satan did to tempt Eve..."“Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”. But, anyways, let's just say if it weren't for my own experiences with God, I probably would not be a Christian today. True story. I am sooooo grateful & thankful that I made it through. God is beyond amazing. That is why once you get me started, I won't stop! 

[This blog post is getting longer by the minute, so I'll save this for another time. TRUST me. There will be another time]. Anyways, I am ending this right now!! but check this song out. A newly discovered artist of mine today. If you're doubting yourself, abilities, the plans that God has for you.....this might help. Enjoy!! What are you waiting for? Step out in faith. You can walk on water too!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment