Wednesday, August 12, 2009

tiiiiireeeddd!

so tired!! :(.... And because of that, this blog is going to be to the point. It's not going to be as interesting or as flow-y/smooth as my previous and future ones....bare with me! I am really trying to keep up with this blog for real. for real. 1. So today I went to Pennsylvania! Yes, I went there today and came back...today. Quickest roadtrip ever taken. 

A friend of mine who had a grad school interview had asked me if I could make the trip with her as a supporter and helper. I didn't want her to drive all the way there by herself when I really had no plans for the day. So I said yes. It was a very smooth ride there and back--always great to have music and conversations going. Out of our entire conversation driving to Penn., the following snip-bit definitely is worth sharing.

 "Ok, once we get there. We're going to try to find a printer so I can print some things for the interview. I really hope we won't need an ID or something in order to use and print at the university." (-Friend)
 
"Yeah, that's one thing I really liked about my college. We didn't have to pay to print anything when I was there! Even the community members could come and use the computers whenever they needed to"

"Yeah. Andrews is so stingy!"
 
"Well, I mean. I think all SDA colleges/universities do the same"  


"But I don't understand [with perplexed innocent face and voice] ....I thought we are suppose to be giving. We talk about it all the time in church when we're collecting offerings..."  

I don't know why that was funny to me, but it was hilarious. Possibly because when she said the last statement, she really was wondering.....she was so serious.


2. Another friend of mine was accepted into the Peace Corps program this summer. She is going to serve in a country in Africa for the next 2 years, Lord willing. It was super great to hear from her last night for (maybe) the last time until we see again. I am so proud of her!!!! and her willingness and courage to go out and make a difference in the lives of so many for the next 2 years!!! I should totally consider visiting her before the end of the year 2011...eh eh eh. :)


3. I decided to check my voicemail this morning since I have not been able to do so in days...It was good to hear familiar voices :) thanks for calling and leaving messages! Out of the voicemails I heard, guess who called and left a message!?!?!!!??!?!!?!?/!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? <- excitement, can't you feel it!??! you want to know you want to know you want to know? okay. A STUDENT that I tutored last school year!! Being the kind of person I am, the last day of school, I gave all my students all the work that they have done throughout the school year, along with a letter addressed to them on top of the packet. In that letter, I highlighted their strengths, improvements and successes, and gave recommendations on how to use the summer to improve on their weaknesses. I also left them my cell number so that if they felt comfortable, they could call and keep me updated on how they were doing over the summer. So. Not only did that student call me over the summer to let me know that he had read the books that I gave him for the summer, but he also let me know that he was doing better! Receiving another phone call again to let me know that he was determined to keep in touch and keep me updated gives me hope beyond hope itself. His life goal is to become a doctor. I made sure I emphasized that throughout the school year to boost his academic motivation. You have no idea how this phone call made my day!! I was ecstatic. awwww!!


4. Finally, one of the best news ever! I learned that JACI VELASQUEZ is coming to perform!!. Oh.Em. Geeeeezzzllllleeeee. For those of you who didn't know...Jaci Velasquez was my first FAVORITE christian artist. Actually it was through her that I became aware of the Christian Contemporary genre... (Thanks cousin for giving me that CD). I can not WAIT to see her in concert!! It was also amazing to see Jeremy Camp and The David Crowder Band perform live this past weekend! Seeing artists live does have a lasting impression on you. It was very inspirational.  


....AND WITH THAT. I shall go take a shower and sleep. sleep. sleep. sleep. sleep. ummm-hummm.  

1 comment: