Friday, October 9, 2009

Tithes on Loans?!?!??

So I have been thinking for a while now....(yeah I tend to think alot...more than I should?)...."tithes on grad school loans?!?!"

Hear me out....
If it weren't for God, I wouldn't have good credits for loans (and scholarships too!), correct?
If it weren't for God, I wouldn't have made it to grad school, am I right?
If it weren't for the God-given breath, brain, hands, feet, ears and all that good stuff, I wouldn't be here, there with me still?


Listing out just a tiny bit of His blessings, this is nothing. 


With that said, I am definitely considering tithing on my loans...well, more like, I am considering putting aside a month's rent for tithes and offerings....scratch that. I am not "considering", I am going to go for it.

What have I to lose compare to what I have to GAIN!?

Money? Well, I definitely almost threw $20 in the trash today, thinking that the envelope was empty. So I just found out that I am $20 richer than I thought :)... I mean, really? I'm already a broke student, how much worse could it get? challenges/denials are great. lol.... PLUS the money will actually be doing something good (helping someone out!!), right!?.


Check out my potential gains though!!:
  • Good health? YES, I'll definitely take that! [You know HOW MUCH HEALTH CARE COSTS?] getting sick will definitely be worth more than a rent's check.
  • Safety? FOR SURE, I'll take that too....e.g. car accident cost > a rent's check.
  • Saving money? Yes, there are many ways money can be wasted. Have you ever found yourself trying to save money, right? and then all of a sudden, everything started going wrong and you ended up spending mad money!! I may have more than one too many examples. :-/ .... :)
  • Peace? I love peace!!
  • FAITH!? yes yes yes please.
  • ....and this could go on and on and on and on and on.
Bottom line is: I am going to take that challenge. join me? yea, you should!!! :-D


So, in other news:


1. I brought my Jaci Velasquez concert ticket this week. Yeah! Night of  January 30th, 2010 here I come...............


2. WISE words from my awesome professor: "if you feel the need to discriminate against an individual or a certain group of people, it's because you're struggling with your own identity." AMEN



3. Procrastination is not cool.


4. Praise God for FALL BREAK.


5. Tomorrow, I am suppose to accompany a friend to the Korean church. lol.........can't wait.


6. Praise God for Productive Fridays: did laundry, cooked somethings (yea yeah......), currently working, but room/apartment/car are in the process of being cleaned (will finish it when I get off work!).


7. My computer's on a break. :( Will be back "in commission" next week.



8. Praise God for the SABBATH.


 QUOTE OF THE WEEK:


"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."-Thomas Jefferson.


 ~Patience works miracles.




No comments:

Post a Comment