Thursday, September 10, 2009

who is she!?!?


Who AM I? [this blogger.]
I initially started this post to keep everyone I left back home updated, because I knew that once school started, It'd be hard to keep in contact with everyone :(. For those of you who know me, you know that I can write....alot. sometimes. However, more than anything, I really aim to encourage others in everything I do. So when I was asked to share my blog with the wiiserve community a couple days ago, I gladly gave my permission. I plan to keep this blog authentic so don't expect any alterations (don't worry...it'll still be good stuff).
For those of you who have NO idea who I am, or do not know me personally, I am currently taking a 15 minute break from my studies and I thought it'd be a great idea to tell you a bit about myself with the help of an online All About Me survey (c'mon you know you've done one before all you myspacers and facebookers...:)) and a visual.
  
1.Name: LyDiE

2.Location: Somewhere in the Midwest


3.Birth-date: August 30. Year? Here's a hint. Born on the Sabbath. :)

4.Siblings: Yes, three sisters. love 'em [possibly too much].

5.Height: Apparently, I am 5'5 !! I rebuke the devil. He is a liar. I believe I am still 5'6.5''.

6. Hair Color: brown.

7.Eye Color: light brown.

8.Do you wear contacts: :(

9. Right or Left Handed: Righty. There was a period I wanted to be a lefty so badly though. :)
10.My interests/passions:

  • 1. God [eternal life]- can't nobody do me like Jesus. He's my bestest Friend. [Psalm 139]
  • 2. Family (friends included:))!
  • 3. Equality in education.
  • 4. Service. [Proud AmeriCorps Alum!]. Check it out!! Missionary Work. Still looking for a good one.
  • 5. Children. (on my way to become a school psychologist....word). {Child Advocate!}.
  • 6. Anything that deals with psychology and political science (my undergrad degrees).
  • 7. Proving that christians CAN live a happy life without conforming to societal pressures. [Matt 7:13]
  • 8. Staying busy/multi-tasking.

Since I am on here, I'd like to share the following with you. So here is something to think about, taken from one of my prof's lectures: Speaking of James Marcia's 4-stages of psychological identity development. After explaining the second one "Identity Foreclosure" where an individual makes commitments hoever has no life crises to confront, he states, "the test of your strengths is to go through crises. Life with commitment and no crises = impaired development ".
Think on that...then check out James 1:2-6. God knew that already. =)
btw, please feel FREE to comment on any blog entry- agreeing, disagreeing, agree TO disagree, advice, suggestions, questions, answers to questions, etc....totally welcome.
[i shall be the one on the left.] SMILE!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment