Monday, September 14, 2009

shedded tears.

Looks like I wasn't the only one ready to shed some tears last week while sitting in the library, typing a paper for one of my classes. I had everything under control, I felt...but I just wasn't feeling it. I needed some motivation and words of comfort or SOMETHING...you know what I mean? I was so close to it that if I knew enough people in that place, I would've gone up to them and asked them to give me a hug. Actually, I was planning to do it whether or not I was close to anyone---an acquaintance would've worked.  =)  I did the next best thing however, picked up my phone and texted a few people the following "today, not a good day....say something funny." lol, the responses were hilarious. I am thankful to know and have met funny people in my life. =)


It was Week 3 and apparently "everyone" I have talked to had a similar moment. I had it good, apparently. I was THIS close to shedding some tears, but "everyone else" actually cried......more than once.


Each individual is wondering whether or not s(he) will make through these upcoming  years and finish his/her program. My apartment-mate who's here for three years as well wonders the same. Whether or not I am subconsciously wondering the same thing, I refuse to let it be known.  I am here to MAKE it, and I WILL by God's grace. I am not sure I am ready for the harder challenges ahead, but I am choosing to take it one day at a time.

I was having a conversation with my godfather last night, and ended up going over all the work I had to get done in the next couple of weeks....and he reminded me, "millions have made it before you....you can do it" right after he told me of his challenges in grad school. While chatting and encouraging my apart.mate today (her program IS tough....lots of memorization), I passed along the words of my godfather and she laughed. Apparently her dad told her the same.


I will never forget the words of a man who came to the Youth Rally in St. Louis (I believe very early this year) and who was leading a discussion group. He asked us this question "Why do you think I want YOU to succeed?" Everyone attempted to find an answer to his question, but I definitely was taken back by his unique answer, "because I believe that if everyone would've been concerned about everyone else's success in life, we could have already found the cure for cancer . Maybe you (pointed to someone) have the ability to find the cure to a life threatened disease ...maybe it's you, or you....but we'll never know until everyone does his/her part to succeed in life."

Very deep, don't you think?....really, think about that.

On a different note, I went to the Spanish church this past Sabbath. I had no help with translation (yay!) and the message was deep! maybe I'll post something about it some other time, I don't want this blog to get too long.  Afterwards, we went to the beach and relaxed by the water. Beautiful weather. Sabbaths are awesome.


"The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you."

I am determined to succeed by God's grace. You should be too. And I want you too. I'll totally be your #1 fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment