Friday, November 27, 2009

Your Last Day on Earth. How will it be?

Yesterday, Thanksgiving holiday, a body from our own community-- a 20-year old  missionary was brought back on US land. Murdered while jogging in the morning, she was never to see another day. Next week would've been her 21st birthday. There's so much to wonder, so many questions to ask, but at the end of the day, death is a powerful reminder of our sinful nature, the promise of  the second coming of Jesus, and our temporary life on earth. Your last day.....how will it be?





Mi Ultimo Dia (My Last Day)--I will attempt to translate this on my own....: :-/

As if today was my last day,
I will live life, love sincerely
I will show my loved ones how much I love them

As if today was my last day
I will fight for my dreams
Living without fear
And every minute, I will live it intensely (to the fullest)
I will not wait until tomorrow
If it's the present that I have.

As if there's no more time (as if there's no more time)
I will cherish the moment (I will cherish the moment)
I will show that I love you
That I am happy that I  have you
As if your happiness depends on me
I will give it all for you and I will make this day the best that I could live


As if it were my last chance
To see you again this moment
The most important.
Of you I remember.
In the stress of life (in the stress of life)
We escape the details (or little things in life),(we escape the details)
Of a place ahead [or further on], regret we forget [I am sure there's a better interpretation....:)]
Sometimes [it makes] it difficult or impossible to recuperate [or fix it]


As if there's no more time (As if there's no more time)
I will cherish the moment (I will cherish the  moment)
I will show that i love you
That I am happy, that I have you
As if your happiness depends on me
I will give it all for you
And I will make this day, the best that I could live
To enjoy those God has blessed me with
My friends, family and love
And I will make this day the best that I could live
And I will make this day the best that I could live...

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment