Thursday, December 3, 2009

excellent,...... just excellent.

I thought I'd note this in the blog too, for those who didn't receive an email about it.

It was exactly one week ago, a friend of mine and I were texting each other (yeah I know), and casually she mentioned that she was fasting and increasing the number of times she prays, for the upcoming week. When she mentioned it, I felt like it was an answer to prayer, because I've always wanted to do that (especially after reading "The Incredible Power of Prayer") but could never quite motivate myself to do it and do it consistently. So, I texted back "I'm in. Are there specific times throughout the day? Are we going to be praying for specific things?"....She answered back "Nope. No specific times. Just four times." For more than one reason I was happy that there were no restrictions, and that it was really up to me to choose when and what to pray for.

Once I started the 4x/day prayers (and fasting from things that were taking up too much of my time...or my thoughts), I realized just how beneficial it was to me...Realizing this, I thought "why not share it with others?!" I started first with my sisters and told them about it...and then I thought to myself, "I shouldn't just share this with only my family....why not go beyond it? ...that'll be so cool and helpful to many" ...and there it is. bam! :)

Just an excellent idea that started with a casual text and making its way to this blog.....So I am inviting YOU, dear reader to join in...just for two days? three days? one week? two weeks? Whatever you want....All it is....pray 4x/day. If you experience the same things I've been experiencing (as well as those who've joined in), you might decide to stick with it for awhile ...This could definitely be a good way to start preparing for the new year that is creeping up...*GASP* :). It's pretty simple, for instance: Praying first thing in the morning, last thing at night = 2 already. Praying before starting something, and after = another 2. Praying before driving (for safety) and arriving (safe travels)...= another 2....I found it to be very refreshing when you acknowledge God in and throughout your daily activities.

If you decide to join, I KNOW you'll see a difference. it's a guarantee! Quote me on that.



>>Psalms 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us.<<

No comments:

Post a Comment