Wednesday, January 13, 2010

John 16:33

Last night, as is my usual habit, when I logged back on my computer, one of the first things I glanced  through was cnn.com. Actually, no. It was during class, I received a text informing me about the 7.0 quake that hit the "(half) island" Haiti. When I checked cnn.com, (don't really LISTEN to the news), I spent a good half an hour just trying to figure out the situation down there so far. At some point in time, after forwarding the text I received, I decided to close my computer...13 chapters to read + 2 articles + a journal entry due today for one class were all good reasons to muster up my concentration and try to do it finish it all by today's end.

Nonetheless, my texts back and forth with a couple of friends induced a mixed feeling of disturbance,  and melancholy...."WHY!?'.

I went to bed early this morning, still not completely done with my assignments. It's Week 2 and I am barely swimming.

So this morning, as I am currently doing my devotion (Adult Quarterly Sabbath School)...the first verse that is featured says the following:


"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."- John 16: 33.

Refreshing reminder.
Joyful emotions.
Appeased mind.
Worryless faith.
Peace that passeth all understanding.

In the middle of my devotion, I thought it beneficial to blog it. And in the middle of my blog, I switched my text messages signature line. It now reads: John 16:33.  I could not be any happier to be reminded that My GOD has ALREADY OVERCOME this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment