Thursday, July 26, 2012

Where's Your Investment?

As I took my car to make that almost 13-hour trip, I couldn't help but make some spiritual connections with my journey.

You see, almost four years ago, my mother took me car-shopping, and to make a very long story short, because buying a car wasn't a priority to me then, I didn't really think of it as a long term investment.

However, the more I started investing in the car (oil changing, check ups, tires, etc.), the more valuable this car became to me. So valuable that I have asked God to make this car last another year (5-years) and after that (whether or not I have the means to get a new one), I will run with it until I can no longer.

I love my car!!!! (Yeeees, I hesitated to write "love" but I couldn't think of another word...) . I love it soo much that I determined in my mind that only IIIIII was going to drive it to my next destination (and you better believe I drove that 13-hr with my car!!! lol).

Throughout my 13-hr journey, I found myself blowing kisses (I know it sounds silly) to the wheel, speaking words of affirmation and encouragement to my car, and just reminiscing on our past journeys. And when my dad suggested that I sell the car, I almost..flipped. out. "SELLLLLLLLL????" I thought....play not..we've been through SO MUCH and I have invested so much of my time, money...and to give it away to someone else?....not a chance. not EVEN...one.chance.

My sentiments may not be even CLOSE to how God feels about us, but I'd like to think that for a quick second, I felt His pain.

To have experienced great pains, to have been rejected by those He was going to die for, to have left
His heavenly kingdom to come down on earth...and then die on our behalf? WHAT AN INVESTMENT!!

No wonder He has perpetuated in His heart that NOTHING could EVER separate us from His love.


He has invested so much that the THOUGHT of abandoning us sounds so foreign. Til your last breath, He will endlessly chase after you. Surrender your heart to Him. He is LOVE...everything you could ever want or need.

KNOW THAT YOU ARE LOVED UNCONDITIONALLY TODAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment